When membership programs are built, benefit groups are attached to the membership prices so that when a customer purchases or renews a membership, the benefits will automatically be attached. At times, there may be a need to manually enter a benefit to an existing members account (i.e. adding a special comp benefit for a specific member's account as a thank you for something special that they did for your organization, customer relation issues, etc.). The steps below will show you how to add these benefits manually to an account.
1. Search for the Customer's Membership account by clicking on the Member Button and enter their last name or membership number.
2. Select the Customer account for this Member.
3. Click on the Customer Number to open the Customer Account Record
4. In the Customer Account window, select the Memberships tab.
5. Right click on the Membership and select Properties to open up the Order Member Properties window.
6. Select the Benefit Groups tab.
7.TO EDIT an existing benefit, right click on the Benefit, choose Properties and then make your changes.
8. TO ADD A BENEFIT, right click in the window and select Add.
9. In the Membership Benefit Group Properties window, select the Benefit Group that you are manually adding to the Membership Record.
10. Adjust the Start Date and End Date that this benefit will be available. Once completed, click on OK and then close the Member Properties window.
NOTE: If you make a mistake and select the wrong Benefit Group, you can right click on the benefit and select Delete.