In Agile, the Terminal Key assigns a unique ID to your computer. The Terminal Key is necessary to process sales functions such as selling a ticket and printing tickets. This is also where you will associate the ticket printers, cash drawers and other devices that will be associated with your Box Office set up. If you need a completely new terminal key, please contact support, firstname.lastname@example.org or 615.360.6700.
1. In Administration, click on the Regional Information and Location Icon (see image) to see all of your administrative folders.
2. Here you can view terminal names and keys.
3. In the Terminal filed, right click and select Properties.
4. The Terminal window will appear.
Setting up Ticket Printers
5. Click the Ticket Printers tab if you have ticket, card or receipt printers that will be associated with this terminal.
A. In the Printer field, right click and select New.
B. Choose the corresponding Printer Type from the drop down.
C. Choose the Form Type from the drop down.
D. Choose the Cut Type your ticket printer has a cutter.
E. Enter the Printer Name description.
F. Choose the Browse button to select the installed print driver from the Browse Local Printers drop down list.
G. Set this printer to Default, if this is the main ticket printer, and check mark Batch Printing if this printer will be used to print bulk fulfillment of tickets.
H. Click Apply and OK if you have completed your terminal set up.
Setting Up Other Devices
Certain computers and POS stations will need to have an Cash Drawer and a Guest Display assigned to the terminal.
6. Click on the Other Devices tab.
A. Cash Drawer - Check mark Cash Drawer and then select the COM Port that the Cash Drawer is plugged into. NOTE: Most POS stations are set up for COM 1 default, but you should test ping the drawer to insure that it is pointing to the correct COM port.
B. Guest Display - Check mark Guest Display and then select the COM Port that the display unit is plugged into.
7. Click Apply and OK to complete this set up.
Assigning the Terminal Key
There are two ways to assign the terminal key.
8. When in Administration, you can click the Assign button.
9.When in Sales, click on Action then select Assign Terminal.
10. The Assign Terminal Key pop up will appear
11. Enter the Terminal Key you created and click on Assign.