1. Log in to Administration.
2. Click on the House icon.
3. Create a Template or Event for the pay-what-you-can priced event. To learn how to create a Template, go to Building a Venue Template.
4. Highlight the Template or Event/Showing (if already built), then highlight the Tier/Inventory. In the Event Price section right-click and select New.
5. In the Event Price: New window, right-click in the Price box and select New Price.
6. The Price: New window will appear.
A. The Sales Line should be set to Event, and the Sales Line Type should be set to Admission.
B. Enter in the Name of the price. This will not be seen by the customer but should be easily identifiable for accounting purposes. We recommend being very detailed in the price name. (i.e. PWYC- Adult, Subscription Adult, Gold Member Price, etc.)
C. The Notes tab is for internal use only and will not be seen by the customer.
7. Click Apply and then OK.
8. In the Price Distribution: New window, complete Steps 9 through 12.
9. Right-Click in the Distribution area and define the unredeemed and redeemed accounts. At this point, there are two options for creating the pay-what-you-can price:
9a. Set up a $0 value price. If the price variation is checked, it will be required that the sales agent or customer fill in the ticket value when purchasing.
9b. Set up a default value by entering a value within the variable price range. This will allow customers to change the value if they want or simply add the tickets with the default value.
10. Effective Sale Date: choose the date the price should be effective. This can be set in the future and Agile will automatically change the price at the set time.
11. Enter the Fair Market Value of the ticket. This will appear on the Gross Revenue Reports.
12. Check the box beside "Variable Price." Enter the minimum dollar value for the price in the first box and the maximum dollar value in the last box
13. Click Apply then OK once all the pricing information has been created.
14. Finally, use the Event Price: New window to select the price that you just created from the list of prices, and fill out the information below:
- Sales Channel: Choose the Sales Channels for which this price will be available for purchase. (i.e. Web Sales; AMS Box Office, etc.)
- Ticket Type: This is the name of the ticket that will appear to the customer both online and on their tickets.
- Functional Area: Determines who has the ability to sell/buy these tickets. (i.e. Level 0 -Default Unrestricted Prices are available for everyone to purchase, but Level 1- Restricted Price(s) are generally hidden from view unless a permission or benefit is set for purchase.)
- Event Ticket Format: Choose the preset format that puts select information from the event and prints on the ticket.
- Package Ticket Format: If this price is bundled in a Package, you can choose a specific ticket format to print.
- Display Sequence: Allows you to determine in what order the list of prices appears on the Box Office screen as well as online.
- Name Assign: Allows you to capture names for each ticket (not required).
- Quantity Restriction: Allows a restriction of the number of tickets that can be sold at this price per order (i.e. Minimum of 2 Maximum of 8 ticket per order).
- Enabled: Allows you to use the price.
- Include Service Fee: This allows you to include any service fee that you have set up. See Creating a Service Fee for more information.
- Allow Package Sale: Must be checked if you are bundling events together for a package.