A Template holds Tier/Inventory and Event Price information about different ticket types and prices. It connects this information to specific showings/screens/events of a given venue. Storing this information in Template enables users to send available ticket quantities and prices for multiple showings, events, and venues to the Show/Event folder. For events/shows that occur multiple times, like a weekly or matinee discount, Template is a useful, time-saving tool. A ‘special’ event that occurs only once does not require a template, in best practice.
1. Log in to Administration.
2. Select the Corporate Organization icon.
3. Select the Sales Organization folder (such as Events, Concessions, etc.) for which you will build the template(s). (Image 1)
4. Select the Template icon.
5. In the Template field, right click and select New. (Image 2)
6. The Template: New window will open to the General tab. (Image 3)
A. Event Types - Generic names that tag the type of event by genre. Select the Event Type from the drop down menu. (Image 4)
NOTE: To add an Event Type to the drop down list, click on the ellipsis button . Type in the new Event Type in the proper field and then click Add New. When you have completed adding to the Event Type List, click OK. (Image 5)
B. Venue - This is the list of venue names that will associate the physical address of the venue with the location's directions. (Image 6)
NOTE: If the name of your Venue does not appear in the drop down list, click on the ellipsis button to add venue information. See How To Add Venue Address to Agile.
C. Template Name - Template Name should be something that reflects what that template is used for. (i.e. Regular Price Movies-Theater 1, Special Event Concert Template, etc.) (Image 7)
D. Color - You can assign a color to this template that will color code based on your needs both in POS and online. (Image 8)
D. Project Code - This can be a customized code that would be used for internal reporting. (Image 9)
NOTE: Distributor menu and Rentrak box do not need to be used on a Template. They can be assigned to an actual show once built, if needed.
8. Next you will select the Delivery tab. (Image 10)
9. Delivery Methods allow your customers to choose how they will receive their tickets. Check mark your organization's preferred Delivery Methods. Start Days allow you to dictate to the system how many days before the event you would like this delivery method available to the customers. The Cutoff Days tells the system when to turn this option off prior to the event. (Image 11)
10. Next, you will click on the Web Control tab. (Image 12)
11. In the Web Control tab, select the Ticket Search Type. The Ticket Search Type allows you to choose how the customer searches for tickets online. (Image 13)
12. If you are building a General Admission Template(s) you will want to uncheck the box next to Show Tier Color On Web Sales. (Image 14)
13. Checking Show Customer Service Contact Link will allow you to publish a customer service link with Box Office contact information. (Image 15)
14. Checking Display Message at Available Qty will make a display message appear when this quantity of tickets has been reached. This is used to indicate a sold out show with specific information or message once sold out. Later in the article you will learn how to create and edit this message. (Image 16)
15. These are the main items that need to be completed when building the general template information. Click Apply to save the information and OK to close the window.
Part II - Creating your Tier Inventory
16. Next you are going to right click in the Tier Inventory and add a New Tier. (Image 17)
17. From this menu, you will enter your Sales Line Type. If you do not have any Sales Line Types to select, click the off to the sides to create them. You will also want to enter your Tier Name on this screen (ie. General Admission, balcony, etc.). (Image 18)
18. In the Zero Available Qty Message box you can enter the message that will appear if all of your seats have been sold (This is optional. There are other areas that you can display this message). (Image 19)
19. When creating a General Admission tier, you will need to add your total capacity by entering in Initial Default Inventory. (Image 20)
20. If you have multiple tiers (i.e. General Admission is one tier and VIP is another) you can assign the Tier Priority that your tiers should appear. You can also assign a color to any of the tiers in this screen. (Image 21)
21. Once you have completed creating your Tier Inventory, select Apply and then Ok.
Part III - Creating Prices for your template
22. Your next step is to create the pricing for the template. You will start by selecting the tier in the tier inventory. Then, right click in the Event Pricing and select new.
23. In the Event Price screen, right click in the large white box and select New Price. (Image 23)
24. Here you will name your Price. (i.e. Special Event - Adult,Template 1-Student, Matinee Child, etc..) Then select Apply and Ok. (Image 24)
25. You will then right click within the Distributions area and then select New. (Image 25)
26. You will then select your Price Category, add the price Amount for your tickets, and select the Revenue Accounts that the price is assigned to. Then select Apply and Ok. (Image 26)
27. If you don't have any selections under Unredeemed Account or Redeemed Account, click on the and fill out all of the information. (Image 26)
NOTE: Unredeemed Account and Redeemed Account are generally set up in advance with the client's accountant. If you need a new Unredeemed/Redeemed accounts, please check with your system administrator and/or your companies accountant for proper distribution.
28. Once you have all of the information filled out about the ticket price. You will then hit Apply and Ok on the distribution screen. (Image 27)
29. On the Event Page you need to select a Sales Channel from the drop down menu. (i.e. Web Standard, AMS-Box Office, etc.). Add a price for every Sales Channel that the price should be available for. (Image 28)
30. You will need to select the Ticket Type. If you do not have any to select from you can select the and add them. (Image 29)
31. The Functional Area determines who has the ability to sell/buy these tickets (i.e. Level 0 -Default Unrestricted Prices are available for everyone to purchase, but Level 1- Restricted Price(s) are generally hidden from view unless a permission or benefit is set for purchase ). (Image 30)
32. Select the Ticket Format and also the Display Sequence. (Image 31)
NOTE: Ticket Formats are preset formats that pulls select information that prints on the ticket. Display Sequence allows you to determine in what order the list of prices appears on the Box Office screen as well as online.
33. Click Apply to save this price in the Event. If this price needs to be available on another Sales Channel, click on the Add New button and then select the Sales Channel. Once you have entered in all of your prices you will click Apply and then OK. Do this for all pricing that needs to be built. Once you have added all of your pricing, your template is now ready to use for building individual events/showings.