Agile ships out our Festival in a Box equipment to arrive early enough to allow for testing prior to your event. Our goal is for it to arrive a day or two prior to your first event to allow enough time for you to test all equipment at the venue(s). This allows us to ensure that the equipment will connect to the internet and that none of it was broken in shipping. Make sure that you test the equipment in your box before the day of your event.
1. The equipment will arrive with a zip tie attached. Cut the zip tie, and then open the Velcro straps to open the box.
2. In the Festival in a Box, the first thing you will see is the Equipment Inventory List, and the instructions for returning your Festival in a Box back to Agile. Inside the instructions, you should also see a return label for shipping the equipment back to us. Please DO NOT lose this label.
3. In your Box you will find:
- Power Supply for the Laptop
- The Power Supply for the Ticket Printer
- The Mouse for the Laptop
- The Credit Card swipe
- A Laptop
- A Ticket Printer
4. Remove all of the equipment from the Box.
5. Your ticket stock should have been shipped separate from your box.
Note: If you have customized ticket stock, please contact support 24 hours before your first event to ensure we have the proper set up and to test.
6. Plug in the Computer.
7. Plug in the Ticket Printer.
8. Attach the Ticket Printer to the Computer. NOTE: There is a sticker on top of the laptop that indicates which USB port the Ticket Printer should be plugged in to.
9. Plug the Credit Card Swipe into a USB port.
10. Finally connect the Mouse to the Computer by using a remaining USB port.
11. Turn on the Computer by pressing the power button which is located above the keyboard.
12. Turn on the Ticket Printer by flipping the power switch on the side of the printer. On some of the printers, the switch will be located on a bubble attached to the power cord.
13. Load the ticket stock through the back of the printer. The short stub of the ticket stock should be loaded into the printer first.
Note: If you have issues loading your stock do the following:
- Open the top of your printer.
- Press down on the green lever.
- Thread the ticket stock through the brackets.
- Close the metal lid, and if the light turns green you are now able to print
- Close the top of the printer
14. Connect the Laptop to the Internet.
15. Log into Agile Sales.
16. Once in Agile, you will need to print a test ticket. Click on the Ticket Printer tab at the top of the screen.
17. Select Print Test Ticket.
18. In the Test Ticket pop-up, select your Ticket Format and your Ticket Printer.
19. After you have made sure that your printer is working, you will want to make sure you can process an order. To do this, sell a test ticket. See How to Sell a Ticket in AMS for more information.
20. Once you have determined that your system is working and that you can process an order, you will need to go back and refund your test order. To learn how to do this see Processing a Refund.