Most organizations have a strict “No Refunds” policy in place, but there are always exceptions to the rules where a full or partial refund must be made. Refunds should only be processed if it is authorized by the Box Office Manager in charge. Please check with your manager before processing any refund. Organizations can lock down which groups can perform this action. If you cannot follow these steps, you may not have valid order maintenance permissions.
- In the Sales app, click on the “Maintenance” icon at the top of the screen. Maintenance is where you will be able to look up existing orders.
- In Maintenance, search for the order by entering the customer’s order number, last name, etc.
- Once you have found the order for the tickets that need to be refunded, click on the order to see the item summary screen.
- Checkmark the ticket or tickets that you are refunding to the customer.
- Once you have selected the items that you are refunding, click on the Big Red X at the bottom of the screen. This will remove these items from the order summary screen.
- Click the Proceed button at the bottom right of the screen to move to the refund screen.
- In the drop-down, select the payment type for the refund. NOTE: if the original order was a cash sale, then select cash. If the order was processed with a credit card, you will see the last 4 digits of the card that was used and how much can be refunded to the card. Select the card to process the refund back to the original card used for the purchase.
- Click Submit Refund and then Finalize to complete the refund.