Packages allow you to bundle multiple events together as one item so that the customer can purchase all the items for one price. Build the events in the package, set up package redemption tickets, and then set up the package that will bring all the tickets together into a customer's order. Always be sure to test a package before putting it on-sale.
1. Log In to Administration.
2. Choose the Sales Organization folder where you wish to build the Events and Package.
3. If your Sales Organization folder does not have the Package option listed, you will need to add the option in Tree Management.
- Right-click your Sales Organization folder. In the new window, select the Tree Management tab.
- Check the box next to Packages. Select Apply to save your changes and OK to close the window.
4. Individual Shows or Events must be built first and must include prices that Allow Package Sale.
- Prices can be built with a unique Ticket Type for the package. To set the price of each Package ticket, divide the total price of the package by the number of tickets in the package. For example, if the total price of the package needs to be $100 for ten tickets, then the price of each package ticket should be $10. Splitting the price of the package into its event tickets is the recommended way to build packages. This setup provides straightforward reporting for package tickets on Event reports.
- The Price can alternatively be set as $0 if you build the package price into a Catalog price and add it as a Catalog Component later in the process. Building the package this way, if the total price of the package needs to be $100 for ten tickets, then the price of each Package ticket would be $0 and the price of the Catalog item would be $100.
Once you have all your individual shows, events, or items built, you are now ready to start creating your Package with the Components.
5. Click the Package icon, then right-click and select New.
6. Select the Package Group from the drop-down. Enter the Name and External Name of the package. (External Name is what will appear online; Name is what will appear in AMS).
- The Enforce Selection of Optional Component Groups checkbox allows you to require a customer to select a given number of Component Groups when they purchase the package instead of selecting every Component Group. This is especially useful in "Pick 5" or "Half Season" packages that are built with a Component Group per event or show, because checking this box can prevent customers from selecting every Component Group available. If this box is checked, make sure to set the Minimum and Maximum to control the number of events a customer may choose.
- Allow Renewals should be check if this package is being renewed year after year.
- Require Customer should always be checked when selling a package in order to store important customer data for the multiple events.
7. The Package Types tab is where you will build the package names and create the Marketing Price. Note: the marketing price is only for display. The price of the Package will be calculated with the individual Event Component prices or by the Catalog Component. (Image 5)
If you are unable to select the Sales Line Type when trying to create a Package Type, please contact your Agile Support Agent.
8. Click the Sales Channels tab to set the package on sales dates and times.
9. Click the Delivery tab to choose delivery options for the package.
10. Access Buyer Types allows you to choose the different buyer types that will be allowed to sell this package. (This is a required function.)
12. The Short Descriptive tab is where you will be able to put a short synopsis or description of what is available through this package.
13. The Description tab is where you will place a longer description about the package.
14. The Extra HTML tab allows you to add a long description information for this package.
15. The Confirmation tab is where you can add any information that you would like the customer to know when they complete the order (i.e. Thank you for purchasing this package. Season Packages will be mailed on 1/1/2222).
16. Click the Image tab to upload any marketing image for the package.
17. Once you have your Package information completed, click Apply to save your changes and OK to close the window. Then, right-click in Component Group and select New to add the individual components to the package.
18. Name the Component Group. (i.e. Show 1)
19. Set the Enforce Component Quantities for this Component Group(if needed). Checking this box will require a customer to select between a Minimum and Maximum number of Components to complete the package. An example of this would be a "Pick Your Own" package where customers can choose between ten offered films but must select between two and five events to complete the package. In this example, the Enforce Component Quantities would need to be set to a Minimum of "2" and a Maximum of "5". Set the Display Sequence for this Component Group.
20. Click Apply to save information on the General tab.
21. Click the Event Component tab to define your package:
- Select Sales folder containing the single events
- Use Start Date & End Date of the individual events to search for events within those dates.
- Select the Sales Line Type from the drop-down menu.
- In the Ticket Type drop-down, select the ticket type associated with the package price
- Click the Search button to populate the list of events with that ticket type.
- Select each of the events that will be bundled in this Component Group.
- At the right side of the event list, choose the Selected Package Type from the drop-down menu and click the Add Selected button.
The Package Type and the Event Component Ticket Type will appear in the Component table.
- Apply to save the changes. (If you want to see the pricing for this grouping and each sales channel, choose the Buyer Type from the drop-down next to Show Prices for.
- If you made a mistake and need to delete a component, checkmark the box next to component and Click the Delete Selected Components button.)
*Skip to Step #24 if not using the Catalog Component feature*
22. A Catalog Component can be added to be included in package. Click the Catalog Components tab and select the Sales Line Type and the Catalog Product Price Type to search for the items.
23. At the right side of the item list, choose the Selected Package Type from the drop-down menu and click the Add Selected button.
24. Once you have added all the components, you are now ready to place your package on sale.
Create an Entry Point to place your package on sale on your website. See How to Create a Package Entry Point.