Want to learn more? Sign up today for our ATSU Learning Webinar: The ABC's of Basic Sales in Agile
The cash-handling information listed below, along with the instructions on how to close out the Daily User Batch at the end of your shift, are suggested best practices that Agile has found to be useful for our clients. However, ALWAYS follow your own organization's policies and procedures when handling cash. If you do not know what your organization's policies are, contact your manager for standard operating procedures.
- Ping your Cash Drawer to count the total cash and any checks in the drawer (Agile recommends pulling the drawer out of the register and counting the money in a secure room away from customers).
- Click the Action (Gears) button in the menu at the top of the screen. Then, select Cash In/Out (See Image 1).
- The Agent Cash In/Cash Out window will appear (See Image 2).
- In the Closing Cash field at the top of the screen, enter the total amount of cash in the drawer (See Image 3).
- If you took any checks as payment, enter the total amount into the Closing Checks field (See Image 4).
- Once you have entered your closing information, click Apply at the bottom of the screen to save your information (See Image 5).
- Click View Report to open your User Batch Audit report for the day (See Image 6).
- At the top of the User Batch Audit report, you will see the Reconciliation summary. This will show your Opening Till, Closing Till, Total Sales, and the total amount of cash to be accounted for at the end of the shift. If you are short, there will be parentheses around the number at the bottom of the list. If you are over or at balance, the number will have no parentheses. Any notes entered on the Agent Cash In/Cash Out window will be displayed at the bottom of the report (See Image 7).
NOTE: If your drawer does not balance, it is recommended you find the cause, type the explanation into the notes field, and explain to your supervising manager why you are not balanced.
- Once you balance, go back to your Cash In/Out window and click the "Cash Out" Button (See Image 9).