Want to learn more? Sign up today for our ATSU Learning Webinar: The ABC's of Basic Sales in Agile
These instructions will show you how to process a ticket order using Sales in the Agile app. Before you get started, make sure that you have the Agile software (found on our downloads page) downloaded on your computer and that you have gotten your login credentials from your system administrator.
- Log In to the Sales app.
- Before you can start processing sales, you will need to “Cash In”. To cash in, select “Action” from the menu at the top of the screen. Click "How To Cash In and Create a Daily User Batch in AMS" to learn more about cashing in.
- Click on the Sales Icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select your Buyer Type.
- Select the item tab that you would like to sell. To sell tickets to a movie, select the “Event“ tab.
- Under the Event tab, there will be a list of sales folders that you can select from. In this example movie tickets are built in the Films folder, so we will select Films to view movie tickets.
- Select the event that the customer wishes to purchase.
- Once the event is selected, you will see the list of prices available for this performance. In this example, the events use General Admission (first come, first served) Seating.
- Select the number of tickets the customer is wanting to purchase and then click the Add button.
- If the customer is purchasing more than one event, you can select another event by choosing the sales folder again and adding tickets to the cart.
- For this example, tickets will be sold for a reserved seating event in the "Productions" folder.
- Select the event that the customer is wanting to purchase.
- In the area above the list of events, you will see the blue Manual Seating icon. Click on this icon to pull up the reserved seating chart.
- On the right side of the screen, you will see the different sections that are available for purchase. The "Classic" section will be used for this example.
- In the seating chart, you will see the row labels the left of the screen. You will also see the seat numbers for each seat in each row.
- If there is a solid black dot in one of the seating squares, this means that the seat is already sold to another customer.
- If you see letters in the square where seat numbers are, this means that the seats are put on hold for various reasons. In this example the “A”’s are Artist holds, the lower case “h” is House or Venue holds.
- There are also holds at the “rear” of the seating chart for patrons that have ADA requirements. The “C” stands for Companion Seating, the “W” stands for Wheelchair Seating” and the “T” stands for Transferable/Mobility Impaired seating. Each venue or organization has their own list of holds that they need. If you need more information about these holds, please speak with your system administrator about accessing hold seats.
- To select reserved seats, simply select the number of seats using your cursor. Once they have been selected, you will then enter the number of tickets in the pricing area and click Add.
- When you have all of the tickets that the customer is purchasing in the shopping cart, click Proceed to reach the Item Summary screen.
- On the Item Summary screen, confirm all the items that they are wanting to purchase and confirm the delivery method for the tickets.
- If the customer is at your window and wants to take the tickets with them, leave the delivery method as “Print Immediately.”
NOTE: You must have a ticket printer attached to the computer in order to print tickets.
- If the customer wants to hold their tickets at Will Call or if they want you to email them via the Print At Home option, you can click the “Change Delivery” icon at the bottom of the screen and change the delivery method in the drop-down. (HTS20 and HTS21) NOTE: You must associate the order with a customer account in order to place tickets on Will Call or to email the Print At Home tickets.
- When everything on the Item Summary page is completed and ready to be finalized with payment, click on the “Proceed” screen to get to the payment screen.
- On the payment page, you will see the total amount due is populated. If the customer is paying with cash or check, select that payment type from the drop-down and click Apply Payment to complete the order.
- If they are paying with a credit card, and you have a credit card swipe attached to your computer, swipe the credit card and the card information will populate and start the authorization process. If you do not have a card swipe, you can manually enter the credit card information and then click Apply Payment to authorize the credit card.