Online Cross-Sell and Alerting Options are a new feature that provides a flexible mechanism to present other purchase options or a specific message to the customer when they buy specified items. This can be useful for many different scenarios such as providing a suggested sales pop-up for concessions, if you need to have a specific message appear for a select ticket/item type, or a specific alert message that appears when they purchase for a specific event or folder.
To set up this feature, do the following:
1. Go to the Web Folder.
2. Right-click the Entry Point Group and select Properties, and then choose the Actions tab.
3. Click the plus sign to open the Base Property Page to create your action
4. Enter a name for the Action. (Point A)
5 Provide a Description. (Point B)
6. Set the display sequence. Note: Setting the display sequence will allow the system to prompt in the correct order if you have multiple triggers set up. (Point C)
7. Select the Type of Action.
Attestation - The customer will see the message when they attempt the quantity of matching items to their cart.
CartNotice - This pop-up an alert that will give the customer information that is after they add the item
SuggestedSale - You can add another purchase page to imbed into the window and the cart will refresh once they add items. *Please see addendum for best practice suggestion for use of a list type URL*
8 Define the Decline/Close Text - this is what the declination or close button will say. (Point D)
9. Define the Accept Text - Note: this will not be used for every type of action. (Point E)
10. For SuggestedSell you can add the purchase link of the items you are suggesting that the customer purchases (i.e link to your online concessions). (Point F)
11. Trigger Level - This allows you to define how the triggers will match against the criteria they are set for.
* Optional - At least one of these triggers will need to match
* Required - all these triggers will need to match
12. Trigger Type Selector - The next box is what we match against which can be the ItemName, PriceType, SaleFolder, SalesLIneType, SKUName or TierName.
13. Trigger Specifier - Choose Is (Exact Match ) or Contains (selector has the specified item).
14. Trigger Item - The last box allows you to find our item based on presets that are already there or simply type the value in the box.
15. Click the plus sign to add the Trigger
16. If you wish for there to be custom text in the popup window the HTML tab allows you to add text that will appear at the top of the window.
Addendum: If you are using an Agile List type URL for your SuggestedSale Link URL Agile's best practice guidelines are for you to set this List Entry Point to Inline Purchase mode. To do so:
1. Go to the Entry Point, right-click and select Properties.
2. Select the List Details Tab.
3. Checkmark Inline Purchase Mode.
4. Hit Apply and OK.