Every once in a while, you may need to move an event with reserved seating from one theater/venue to another. Follow these steps to make the change:
1. Pull an Event Manifest with Seat Detail report so that you have all of the customers who purchased along with their seat locations.
2. Using the Emails and Letters in Administration, select the Event Email Extract to email these customers and let them know of the venue change. Either let them know that their seats will be relocated to a comparable view of the original seating or send them information on how to pick up new seats.
3. With Reserved Seating charts, we recommend that you disable the current event and rebuild the event in the new venue.
4. In regards to relocating seats, there are two options:
- The first option is to place the seats on hold and honor the previously purchased ticket with a comparable seat location.
- The second option is to manually relocate customers. To do this, you will need to "comp" the seats and re-send them if you have time.
5. Using the Event Manifest, place all sold seats on a hold status to ensure that the customers who bought tickets early will still get the same seats. You must complete this set regardless of which relocating method was used.
6. In Maintenance, update the customer's order with their new seats.