Agile's report customization tool allows you to take the data from a selection of Agile Ticketing reports and adjust them to fit your needs.
1. First, log into the Agile Web Portal.
2. Next, click on the Reports on the side of the screen.
3. Click on the Custom Reports section and then click create new.
4. From the drop-down, select the category.
5. After you have selected your category, you now need to select the starting report. The starting report is going to dictate the data that you will see in the custom report and is based on current reports run in the Agile software.
6. Next, you will set the parameters and click Load. The parameters will vary depending on your starting report. For this example, we have selected an Event Inventory Summary.
7. Now you will get to customize your report. Start by naming the section of the report. A report can have as many sections as you need it to have.
8. Then, select how you would like to display the data in that section.
- A Pivot type will allow you to arrange the data into Rows, Columns, and summary Values. It is very similar to how Excel pivot tables work.
- A Chart type will allow you to display the data in different types of Charts.
- A Raw type will allow you to display all the data that you selected in columns.
9. With a Pivot type, choose the data fields that you want to display in your report. Once you have clicked on your field, drag it to the indicated area to choose how you wish to display it.
- Adding a field to the Rows area will create new rows for each unique value in the underlying data.
- Adding a field to the Columns area will create new columns for each unique value in the underlying data.
- Adding a field to the Values area will summarize the field based on the rows and columns that have been defined.
- Adding a field to the Filters area will allow you to filter on the values in the field without showing it report.
10. If you would like to show Subtotals within your Pivot type check the Show Subtotals box.
11. You are able to change the way that you view some of the data by right-clicking on a field and selecting Field Settings. Below are some examples of data you change:
- Field settings allow you to filter some data within the selected field.
- You are able to change the format of certain fields to make data easier to read.
- Dates can be formatted a number of ways such as MM/DD/YYYY, Quarter, Fiscal Year Quarter, etc.
- The Percentage can be viewed up to .00%.
- Sold Quantities can be viewed in Currency.
- You are able to change the summary of a field which will change to a summarized area. For example, you are able to view the sum of a collection of data, you are able to view the average of a data set, and more.
- You are also able to view details about the events that feed into a field by double-clicking on the quantity or right-click in the quantity field and selecting Show Detail.
12. At this point, you can save this report or you can add another section by clicking on Add New Section... .
13. Name the second section and select a section type. For this example, we are going to create a Chart.
14. Just like with the Pivot type you need to select the fields that are added to the chart and drag them into the Filter, Columns, Rows, and Value section below.
15. To change the type of chart select a chart type from the drop-down located under the chart.
16. Next, we will add a section for a Raw Type. Click on Add New Section... button, name the new section, and select Raw section type.
17. From the box to the left of the screen select the data to display. If you wish to see all the data click on the All Columns box at the top.
18. If you do want to save the report you can select Excel or PDF and export the file.
19. If you would like to save the report enter the Name and a Description. You are also able to enter tags for the report. This will aid in searching for the report later.
20. If you would like to allow other users to view the report that you have made check the box.
21. Click the Save button at the bottom of the page to save your report.