Ticket Assignment Policy (formally called Comp Policy) allows organizations to create a certain set of rules that will allow you to assign additional tickets to a single ticket purchased. This function is used when building a BOGO promotion or if you are selling Tables it will allow you to bundle all of the seats at that table to be purchased under a single price.
1. Log into Administration.
2. Choose the Blue Sales Folder and then select the Template, Event or Show you will be creating a ticket assignment policy for.
3. In the Template/Event/Show you will need to create your purchase price and the $0.00 value/ticket type to associate with the purchased ticket. Make sure to list this as a Restricted Price Level 4 Hidden Price as you will not sell this comp type ticket individually.
4. When you are ready to start creating the policy, right click on the Tier/Inventory where you want to build the Assignment Policy and select Properties
5. Select the Assignment Policy tab.
6. Right-click in the white field and select New.
7. In the Assignment Policy: New pop up window, choose the Ticket Type from the drop-down that will be the ticket that will be available for purchase. This is the ticket that the customer will choose when purchasing. If this Assignment is available for all ticket types, then leave Any Ticket Type selected.
8. You will need to select the number of tickets that need to be purchased in the Initial Quantity of and the Each Additional Quantity of (generally this is 1 and 1).
9. Right-click in the Assign These Tickets window and select New.
10. In the Assignment Policy: New window, enter the number of tickets that will need to be assigned to the purchased ticket(s) (i.e. For a Buy One Get One promotion you would select 1; for a Table, you would enter the additional number of seats that would need to be assigned to the single ticket that was purchased).
11. You can choose a specific Event OR if you are building this in a template, select the name of the template from the sales folder.
12. Select the Tier that the inventory will be pulled from.
13. Select the Ticket Type that will be assigned to the purchased ticket.
14. Click on Apply and OK to save this Assignment.
15. Click on the Sales Channel tab and choose where this assignment will be available to purchase.
16. Click OK to save this the Assignment.
17. Click OK to close the Tier window.
NOTE: Assigned tickets will be allocated through the Best Available auto assignment. On reserved seating, it is not guaranteed that it will assign seats next to each other. We recommend that you test the policy to make sure that the assignments are working correctly prior to publishing them for the public on sale.