Want to learn more? Sign up today for our ATSU Learning Webinar: I've Got a Golden Ticket: Creating Ticket Formats. Coming in March 2018
1. Log in to Administration.
2. Expand the Regional Information folder and click on the Ticket Formats icon.
3. In the Ticket Format field, right-click and select New.
4. In the Ticket Format: New window:
A) Name: Give the ticket format a title. It is helpful if this is specific, as in "Festival GA Ticket" instead of "Ticket". You will need to be able to identify this format from your other formats later when creating your Event Price(s).
B) Format Type: Select the appropriate item from the drop-down. Ticket formats cannot overlap between types so if the same format will be used for event tickets and catalog items, then two separate ticket types must be created.
C) Form Type: select the appropriate item from the drop-down. In most cases either Tickets, Receipts or Card will be selected.
D) Available To: define which organization can use this ticket format.
5. Click Apply then OK.
6. In the Printer Definition field, right-click and select New. Choose the correct Printer Format Type from the drop-down. This needs to be specific to the printer you will be using to print the tickets. If you plan to print the same format on multiple types of printers, you can create multiple listings here.
- Boca FGL Compatible 200 DPI Format: Can be used for any thermal printer that the FGL is set for 200 DPI (Dots Per Inch). Compatible printers are Boca and Datamax
- Boca FGL Compatible 300 DPI Format: Can be used for any thermal printer that the FGL is set for 300 DPI (Dots Per Inch). Compatible printers are Boca and Datamax
- Box Office Receipt Printer Format: This format is used with a thermal receipt printer such as Star Micronrics to create an event ticket format
- Concession Receipt Printer Format: This format is used with a thermal receipt printer such as Star Micronics to create a catalog format that can be printed once an item has been purchase is completed.
- Datacard Printer Format: Used for Membership printing.
- DYMO LabelWriter Format: Used for Passholder lables when passes have been pre-printed.
- Star Receipt Printer: This format is used with a thermal receipt printer such as Star Micronics to print order receipts and credit card receipts.
- Boca Windows Compatible Format: This Ticket Format can be used for any thermal printer that is Windows Compatible printers such as Stimare.
- E-Delivery Mobile Format: This ticket format can be used as a mobile phone option. Tickets will send a QR Code to their mobile device and can be scanned directly from the phone.
- E-Delivery PDF Format: This is what you would use if you are doing print at home tickets
- Laser/Inkjet Printer Format: Can be used for printing passes, paper certificates or PDF type tickets.
7. After clicking on the correct format, the Ticket Format: Properties windows will automatically pop-up.
A) Layout Tab: where the separate elements of the ticket format will reside.
B) Properties: where to define the physical layout of the ticket (i.e. width, height, etc.)
C) Print String: where the coding that is sent to the printer lives. Do not adjust this information as it will change your ticket format.
8. Under the Properties tab, enter in the information as necessary. Each type of format will require slightly different information. The most important items are Width and Height, or the Margins. If you plan to use a Layout Background image, add it in here.
9. On the Layout tab, right-click in the top white box to add an element. See the list below for details on the different types of elements. Once an element is added, it may be adjusted. (Note: depending the printer format, not all options below will be available.)
- Position: either drag it or manually enter in the X and Y position numbers.
- Rotation: can be rotated in 90 degree increments.
- Font Type: select the font from the drop-down list.
- Size: select the size of the font.
- Color: select the color of the element.
- Style: select "Bold", "Italic", "Underline" if wanted for the text.
- Justification: choose how the element aligns within the element box.
- Width Scale: changes the width of the element box.
- Height Scale: changes the height of the element box.
- Text Inversion: inverts the colors of the element box.
- Max Length: creates a maximum on the length the element box may be.
- Auto Resize: the system will automatically change the box to fit the text.
- Length: set a limit on the length of text allowed in the box.
- Box Width: set a limit on the length of the box.
10. Add the different elements wanted on the ticket format. It is recommended that you save often (click Apply to save).
Note: Depending upon the type of ticket you are printing these elements will pull information from different fields in the events that you have built.
- Aisle: For Reserved Seating - Tells the Customer which aisle/door to enter.
- Area: For Reserved Seating- This allows you to add the Area (i.e. Main Floor, Balcony, etc) for your event.
- Barcode Number: The barcode number will appear on the ticket.
- Base Sum: This will show the base price of the item not including any fees.
- Billing Address City: This will list the city given for the customer's Billing Address
- Billing Address State:This will list the state given for the customer's Billing Address
- Billing Address Street 1: This will list the first line for the street address given for the customer's Billing Address
- Billing Address Street 2: This will list the second line for the street address given for the customer's Billing address
- Billing Address Zipcode: This will show the customer's billing address zipcode.
- Client ID:This will show the Corporate Organization's Short Name
- Company Name: This will show the Company Name
- Event Code: This will list the event code.
- Event Time: This will list the event time on the ticket.
- Expiration Date: This will show the Expiration date of the Pass or Ticket
- Expiration Month: This will just show the expiration month of the pass or ticket
- Expiration Year: This will display the year the pass or ticket expires
- External Name: This is the name of the event that the public is able to see
- Internal Name: This is the name of the event that is shown within the system.
- Item Image: Allows you to add a title to the main image of an event or item on the print at home ticket.
- Joined Date: This will show the date that the customer or member joined
- Member Number: The customer's Member number will appear on the ticket
- Order Customer First Name: First name of the person who placed the order.
- Order Customer Last Name: The last name of the person who placed the order.
- Order Customer Name: This is the Entire name of the person who placed the order.
- Order Number: This will allow the order number to appear on the ticket
- Overhead Image: Allows an image to be added to the print at home ticket (usually used to add a seating chart image to the ticket).
- Package Name: This is the name of the customer who purchased the a package.
- Package Type Name: Name of the package
- Pass Holder Address City: This will show the Pass Holder / Member's City.
- Pass Holder Address State: This will show the Pass Holder / Member's State.
- Pass Holder Address Street 1: This will list the first line of the Pass Holder / Member's Address.
- Pass Holder Address Street 2: This will list the second line of the Pass Holder / Member's address. (i.e. Apartment number)
- Pass Holder Address Zipcode: This will list the Pass Holder / Member's zipcode.
- Pass Holder First Name: This will show the Pass Holder / Member's first name.
- Pass Holder Last Name: This will give the Pass Holder / Member's Last Name.
- Pass Holder List of Names: This will show all of the names tied to the Pass / Membership.
- Pass Holder Name: This will give the name of the person who purchased the Pass
- Price 1 - 5: The dollar amounts for each of the five possible price categories.
- Price Cat 1 - 5: The name of each of the five possible price categories.
- Product Group Name: The name of the group of products (i.e. Merchandise, Concessions, Apparel)
- Promo Code: a promotion code will appear on the ticket.
- Question Index 1 - 10: This will display the answers to any customer or order questions. (i.e. Job Title, Name of Film, Type of Dinner) (Note: If there are multiple tickets/cards/passes associated with an order the answer to the question will appear on all tickets/cards/passes.)
- Row: This shows the reserved seating Row that the customer purchased.
- Sales Line Type:
- SalesChannel-Buyer Type: Shows how the ticket was purchased (i.e. phone, web, box office).
- Seat: Shows the seat number for the reserved seat that the customer purchased.
- Section: Shows the reserved section that the customer purchased (Section 1, Center Section, etc.)
- Service Fee Sum: Total sum of service fee amounts.
- Service Price 1 - 5: The dollar amounts for each of the five possible service fee price categories.
- Service Price Cat 1 - 5: The name of each of the five possible service fee price categories.
- Shipping Address City: Shipping address for that the tickets will be shipped to.
- Shipping Address State: The shipping state that the tickets will be shipped to.
- Shipping Address Street 1: The first line of the Shipping address the tickets will be shipped to.
- Shipping Address Street 2: This will show the second line of the Shipping address (i.e. apartment number)
- Shipping Address Zipcode: This will display the Zipcode for the Shipping address.
- Sold For First Name: This is if someone purchased a ticket for someone else as a gift.
- Sold For Last Name: This is the last name of the recipient if someone purchased a ticket for someone else as a gift
- Sold For Name: Full name of person who is attending the event.
- Tax Sum: Shows the tax rate charged.
- Ticket Fee Sum: Shows the total sum of any fees.
- Ticket Image: Allows for specific images to appear on the Print at Home.
- Ticket/Price Type: Shows the type of ticket purchased (i.e. Adult, Child, etc.)
- Tier/SKU/Level: Shows the name of the tier
- Venue External Name: Shows the official name of the venue that appears online.
- Venue Internal Name: Shows the name of the venue that appears in Box Office.
- Venue Short Name: Shows the short name assigned to the Venue
- Verbiage 1-5: Allows you to place custom verbiage about an event on the ticket.