Creating a new Effective Price Date on an existing price
On occasion, organizations will need to create a new price to go into effect on a specific date. Generally, these are for price increases or even short periods when a regular price is discounted. Here are the steps to change the existing price.
1. Open the Blue Sales Folder that has the price you wish to change.
2. Click on the Price icon
3. Highlight the price that you wish to change
4. In the Price Date field, right click and select New. You will see the Price Distribution: New window appear.
5. Right click in the Distribution field and select New.
6. Select the Price Category from the drop down and add your price. Also select the Revenue Accounts from the Undredeemed and Redeemed Account drop downs. Click Apply to save the price.
7. Repeat step 6 if you need to add additional fees or prices.
8. Once all of your Price Distributions have been added, click on the Effective Sale Date to choose the date that you want this price to take effect.
9. Click Apply to Save.
10. Now the new price will automatically change on the date that you have chosen without having to make edits to your templates and/or events that have already been created. It will also allow you to keep the historical pricing information on reports for past events.